10 SIMPLE STEPS TO HEALING
People deal with pain in many different ways. We have our own survival stories and tactics to healing. Here are some simple steps you can try to get to your healing process.
1. Vent it all out before God. Whenever I feel anger creeping inside of me and make me want to say and do things I won’t under normal circumstances, I cry it all out to God. I know He already knows how I feel, but I tell Him just the same. I believe more than being a Judge, Creator and King, He is a loving and caring Father who cares about how His daughter feels. I would hear Him whisper in my heart, “Child, you don’t know what injustice is until you get persecuted and left hanging on the cross to die for a crime you didn’t even commit”.
2. Reinvent and pamper yourself. Everyone who’s had their hearts broken surely, at one point, felt a little less fabulous. So go ahead and get a perm, or a haircut, or a new hair color. Buy clothes you’ve always wanted, paint your nails that red shade you’ve always been too hesitant to wear, start wearing makeup (if you’re like me who doesn’t), get a body scrub and see how a different look on the outside can change your perspective in life. Do something for yourself that will make you happy for a change.
3. Go places. It’s refreshing, it keeps your mind off things, it opens your mind to new perspectives, and it makes you appreciate life a little more.
4. Read a good book.
5. Find a new hobby. Hobbies are good distractions. Like the old saying goes; “Funny how time flies when you’re having fun”. Sometimes it’s good to get your mind off of the things that make you sad and focus on all the things that make you happy.
6. Get a third person’s opinion. Get friends who say the right things, ask the right questions, at the right time. They’re your reality check. They’ll keep you grounded. Trust me, I know!
7. Help the needy. Serve those who can’t give back to you. There’s nothing more therapeutic than helping someone more broken than you are. It makes you appreciate what you have and makes you more empathetic.
8. Try to stay away from the familiar. Move to a new place if needed. Sometimes in order to change ourselves, we have to change our surroundings. It’s like having a second shot in life. Small changes can make a BIG difference!
9. Surround yourself with wonderful people and ditch the toxic ones. You want people to listen to you but also to help you get out of your mess. Not people who’ll add to your already piling problem. If you think some people around you hold you back from moving forward…run!
10. Reconnect with old friends. Old friends are like warm comforters in a cold night. They feel like home. They thaw your coldness away. They’re like chicken soup for your sick body. They’re better than chocolate cake. And if you have both—good friends and chocolates, then life couldn’t get any sweeter! Healing is never an easy process. Just hang in there and take it one day at a time. Before you know it, you will become a changed person.
LAGOS GRACE CONVENTION 2017 #LAGOSGRACECONVENTION
Tweet LAGOS GRACE CONVENTION is an annual gathering of believers and leaders in ministry, birthedRead More
Who Do I Become When I Hang Out With You? – Fola Folayan
Tweet I never used to pay much attention before. But about a year ago, iRead More